For the educational process in the modern information level in the department,APEPS created following laboratories:
- Laboratory distance learning tools.
- Laboratory geometric modeling and computer graphics.
- Laboratory of Computer Networks.
- Laboratory software artificial intelligence.
- Laboratory of mathematical modeling.
- Information Technology Laboratory design.
- Laboratory of Computer ecological - economic monitoring.
- Laboratory systems with distributed databases.
- Training and Production Workshop
The total study area at the department is 1153 m2. In specialized educational laboratories, computer classes, teaching in classrooms, in classroomscourseand graduate design equipped with 225 jobs.
Modern computers in teaching laboratories and computer classes combined into a LAN network based on modern software Novell Netware, with the possibility of access to the Internet. On average, each student during training has up to 2 hours of load on the PC.
The total number of computers is 111 pieces. Computers equipped with modern software:
- operating systems Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows Vista Business Edition, Linux Mandriva;
- shell design software Borland Developer Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Borland Delphi;
- specialized software products: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, InterBase SQL Server for Windows, Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0, Autodesk Design Review 2008, AutoCad Mechanical 2008, MathLab 6.5, and MapInfo Professional 8.0.
Introduced the original means of creation and introduction of distance learning courses. Using tools developed works on creating educational distance learning courses from disciplines.
For the needs the educational process are used printers, scanners, Plotter, rizografy, copiers.
Given the current pace of development of information technology, computer hardware teaching laboratories regularly updated.